Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review-The Collector by Victoria Scott

The Collector by Victoria Scott
Entangled Teen
Publish Date April 2, 2013

From Goodreads:
He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.
   

My Review:
POW! Dante will hit you straight through the heart!

Hello Dante. POW! I fell in love with this guy on page ONE with “I look like a movie star and move like an athlete,” followed by “It’s okay to be jealous, to covet me. It’s a delicious sin-tastes like chicken.” Arrogant? Check. Conceited? Check. Totally full of himself? Check. But he’s so hot!

I love Dante’s snark. He’s so inappropriate that you can’t help but laugh. He’s full of one-liners and then there are the red shoes. I LOVE the hideous RED shoes! I honestly wish I knew someone like Dante. He is the most entertaining character I’ve ever read. I hung on every word. No one makes me laugh like Dante.

So Dante collects souls for Team Hell. Or in his words he “labels those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp.” Love it. Anyway, Boss Man sends Dante on a special assignment to collect one particular soul. Enter Charlie Cooper. The line sugar and spice and everything nice was written about Charlie. She spends her days helping others and she’s kind to everyone (even those that don’t deserve it). How on earth is Dante supposed to collect such a pure soul like Charlie?

Duh, he’s going to get her to let loose and expose her wild side. A little alcohol, sex, and larceny should do the trick. Then he can POW his way through her with his red seals. Easy enough. Dante gets Charlie (and her friends Blue and Annabelle) to start having some old-fashioned teenage fun. Only the more he tries to corrupt Charlie, the more she tries to save his soul. What’s a Soul Collector to do?

Dante decides the best way to get Charlie is to play on her insecurities. Poor Charlie isn’t the prettiest thing in the world. Bad hair, bad skin, horrible glasses, and just an overall homely look, so Dante convinces Charlie to sign away her soul to be beautiful. Only Charlie thinks she’s signing her soul to heaven. Uh Oh.

So will Dante succeed in condemning Charlie to hell? Or will Charlie discover Dante’s true motives? I don’t want to spoil the outcome so you’ll have to read it yourself.

This book is like a shot of Cuervo. It’s wild, intoxicating, someone-hold-my-hair-back-while-I-vomit fun.  Dante is sexy, Charlie is sweet, and her friends Blue & Annabelle are like members of the Get-Along-Gang. There are several surprises along the way that will make you spit your drink at the person next to you or roll out of your chair in a hysterical fit. Pick this book up now since the highly anticipated second book THE LIBERATOR is out in SIX days!


Victoria Scott is a teen fiction writer represented by Sara Crowe. She's the author of THE COLLECTOR trilogy (Entangled Teen) and the FIRE & FLOOD series (Scholastic). Victoria lives in Dallas with her husband and hearts cotton candy something fierce.






So I scoured websites looking for the perfect Dante. Seriously, hard bill to fill.
Most of my choices were too old.
 So I thought of someone who I would love to see play an arrogant, non-sweet role.
And because sweet Jeremy is growing into a FINE YOUNG MAN, 
I thought Steven R. McQueen made a pretty hot Dante!

POW!

Here's a new contender:

 photo cd3ad12c-2e59-446e-aa0d-fbedd0c493fc.jpg

So, who do you see as Dante?
And yes, this blog LOVES passion so feel free to LOVE my choice or HATE it with all your heart!
Share your thoughts and I'll add the pictures and we can vote!
Remember, THE LIBERATOR comes out on AUGUST 27th! 




6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too. I've never really been a fan of the bad boys, but Dante won me over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Dante was so over-the-top arrogant that it was hilarious. I just loved it. And the fact that he actually has a heart in the end and I believe it? That's some serious writing ;)

      Delete
  2. I love Steven R. McQueen as Dante! That's who I've pictured from the start, but I have seen some good ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to see him play such an arrogant character LOL. I so think he could pull it off :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I agree! I would love to see The Collector brought to life!!

      Delete
    3. We must make this happen LOL.

      Delete